The International Association for Computerized Adaptive Testing (IACAT) is an organization that is incorporated exclusively for scientific, educational, literary, and charitable purposes.
IACAT is committed to encouraging scholarly efforts to:
- Advance the science of adaptive testing in all fields of applied psychological and educational measurement;
- Improve adaptive instruments and procedures for their administration, scoring, interpretation, and use;
- Improve applications of adaptive assessment of individuals and evaluations of assessment programs.
- Develop theory, techniques, technologies and instrumentation available for adaptive measurement in all relevant human, institutional, and social characteristics;
- Develop procedures appropriate to the interpretation and use of such technologies and instruments;
- Advance applications of adaptive measurement in individual and group evaluation studies.
To achieve these aims, IACAT will:
- organize international meetings and discussions;
- promote the publication of relevant information by means of its own and other publication outlets;
- stimulate international cooperation on research projects relevant to a scientifically and ethically sound use of adaptive testing;
- be available to act as an intermediary in international negotiations concerning the publication and marketing of adaptive tests;
- advance professional development and work to raise standards governing test development and use.